Well readers, the first few books have begun their tour. They are super excited to meet you and spend some time with you! They are so thankful for your patience and understanding with any hiccups along the way. It's not their fault if there are unforeseen delays in their journey. Please know they are stoked to meet you asap.
You can tell they have packed their bags (yeah, books pack bags I guess) and shipped off when they are removed from the Tour Titles page. They can't hang around there forever, you know.
Before they get too far along, the books have a couple things they wanted me to share with you on their behalf.
Please be kind to them. They are so excited to meet you and they hope you are excited to meet them too! But sometimes when there's so much excitement in the air, crazy things can happen. Be gentle with them. They will love you all the more for your kindness and gentleness.
Talk them up to others. You should totally tell your friends about this great new book that waltzed into your life. I mean, chances are you'll be spending more than one night together, so the least you can do is spread the word. Unlike real life, books LOVE when you kiss and tell. They told me so.
What the books love most about going on tour is hearing why you want to read them. It makes them so so so happy to know that you are excited to have them in your life. You want to fall madly in love with them and their contents, and they want to make you fall in love too. They aim to please! So whenever you fill out a request and share why you want to read that specific title, know that it makes everyone's heart smile. Especially the book's heart.
We truly hope that you all find that book that makes you truly and completely happy. And if you don't, try and try again!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Thank you all for your patience and interest in the DAC arc tours. There are a few questions that have cropped up since we've started, which I'll do my best to answer right now!
I don't live in the US, can I still participate in a tour?
Unfortunately, not at this time. Due to financial constraints from the tour hosts, we are not able to ship internationally.
I already have a copy of the book, can I still participate the tour for the title?
No. These tours are for people who do not have access to the book. This won't be a 'guided' tour with different stops. We don't schedule posts. We share the book with you, you read it, and you review it on your blog. If you have the title already, you don't need us!
Do I have to participate in all the tours if I'm participating with the DAC?
Nope! You can pick and choose what you'd like to read and enter for an opportunity only for the ones you want.
I'm a blogger and I have arcs I'd like to share with this tour. Can I do that?
HECK YES. Email Lisa or Tara to get started! Also, you rule. We like you a lot.
Do you have an unanswered question? Email Lisa or Tara. If we get several peeps asking the same question, we'll post it up here.
Posted by Lisa Schensted at 8:11 PM
Sunday, November 6, 2011
We get that not everybody can get their happy little hands on an advance review copy.
We're here to help.
The Debut Author Challenge ARC (advance review copy) Tours provide a way for more bloggers to read, review, and share young adult literature with others. Specifically, titles from debut young adult literature authors.
Here's a basic breakdown of how the tour will work:
- You have one week to read the book and mail it to the next stop in the tour with delivery confirmation.
- You post a review of the title between 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the release of the title.
Here's a detailed breakdown of how the tour will work:
- You check this site and notice an upcoming title from a debut author that you're interested in reading. You think, "Hey, that sounds like something I'd like! I don't have a copy, and I won't be getting a copy any other way."
- You request to be on the tour for the book that you're excited about reading by filling out the appropriate form. And since you're a participant in the Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren, you can participate! Good for you!
- You patiently wait to hear back from Lisa or Tara. If you don't hear back from Lisa or Tara within a week, you weren't chosen for this tour. Don't go all sad panda on us. Nothing personal, honest! Please check back for future titles you'd be interested in reviewing on your blog.
- If you hear back from Lisa or Tara that you're chosen on the tour, you do a happy dance! You are thrilled to read this title, remember? Yay you!
- You get the book in the mail. More happy dancing ensues! But calm down turbo, you have to read that book and mail it to the next person within a week! Get reading, yo.
- You read the book within a week. You take notes so you can write the review. You mail it to the next person on the list with a delivery confirmation. You then email that delivery confirmation to Lisa or Tara so she can make sure it gets to the next person who will then happy dance. Thank you for sharing the happy.
- Now that the book has found a new home, you write your review to post on your blog. It will be an honest and sincere review, not necessarily always a positive one. You blog with integrity. We like that about you!
- You schedule the post to go up sometime between 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the release day of the book. You send your link to Lisa or Tara so she can read your review and happy dance that the system is working!
Things that will disqualify you from participating with the tours:
- Not meeting the deadlines for reading or shipping.
- Failing to send the book to the next participant with delivery confirmation and emailing the tour host with that information.
- Being disrespectful in your communication with the tour hosts, the publisher, the author, other readers, or in your review. This does not mean your reviews must be positive, but they must be respectful.
- Any other conduct that Lisa, Tara, and Kristi feel disqualifies you from the tours. We want this to be a helpful and happy way to share books. Don't poop on the party.
Additional questions? Contact Lisa or Tara.
The Debut Author Challenge ARC Tours are hosted by Lisa from Lisa is Busy Nerding and Tara from Fiction Folio in conjunction with Kristi from The Story Siren.
Posted by Lisa Schensted at 2:17 PM