We get that not everybody can get their happy little hands on an advance review copy.
We're here to help.
The Debut Author Challenge ARC (advance review copy) Tours provide a way for more bloggers to read, review, and share young adult literature with others. Specifically, titles from debut young adult literature authors.
Here's a basic breakdown of how the tour will work:
- You have one week to read the book and mail it to the next stop in the tour with delivery confirmation.
- You post a review of the title between 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the release of the title.
Here's a detailed breakdown of how the tour will work:
- You check this site and notice an upcoming title from a debut author that you're interested in reading. You think, "Hey, that sounds like something I'd like! I don't have a copy, and I won't be getting a copy any other way."
- You request to be on the tour for the book that you're excited about reading by filling out the appropriate form. And since you're a participant in the Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren, you can participate! Good for you!
- You patiently wait to hear back from Lisa or Tara. If you don't hear back from Lisa or Tara within a week, you weren't chosen for this tour. Don't go all sad panda on us. Nothing personal, honest! Please check back for future titles you'd be interested in reviewing on your blog.
- If you hear back from Lisa or Tara that you're chosen on the tour, you do a happy dance! You are thrilled to read this title, remember? Yay you!
- You get the book in the mail. More happy dancing ensues! But calm down turbo, you have to read that book and mail it to the next person within a week! Get reading, yo.
- You read the book within a week. You take notes so you can write the review. You mail it to the next person on the list with a delivery confirmation. You then email that delivery confirmation to Lisa or Tara so she can make sure it gets to the next person who will then happy dance. Thank you for sharing the happy.
- Now that the book has found a new home, you write your review to post on your blog. It will be an honest and sincere review, not necessarily always a positive one. You blog with integrity. We like that about you!
- You schedule the post to go up sometime between 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the release day of the book. You send your link to Lisa or Tara so she can read your review and happy dance that the system is working!
Things that will disqualify you from participating with the tours:
- Not meeting the deadlines for reading or shipping.
- Failing to send the book to the next participant with delivery confirmation and emailing the tour host with that information.
- Being disrespectful in your communication with the tour hosts, the publisher, the author, other readers, or in your review. This does not mean your reviews must be positive, but they must be respectful.
- Any other conduct that Lisa, Tara, and Kristi feel disqualifies you from the tours. We want this to be a helpful and happy way to share books. Don't poop on the party.
Additional questions? Contact Lisa or Tara.
The Debut Author Challenge ARC Tours are hosted by Lisa from Lisa is Busy Nerding and Tara from Fiction Folio in conjunction with Kristi from The Story Siren.